I follow what I love. If you post what I love, and love what I love too, it’s pretty much guaranteed that I will follow your blog. My answer:
- The gospel. Jesus. All over, ev’rywhere. FOLLOW.
:) And if you want a more specific answer, here:
I follow way too many blogs (around 300), but there are so many good ones! I don’t like to unfollow, even if they haven’t posted in months. I’m a bit picky when choosing who I do follow, too.
Blogs I follow have most or all of these qualities, which are mostly just things I’m interested in and/or find encouraging:
- Follower of Christ.
- Genuine faith in God, love for Him that’s evident.
- Original writing and thoughts worth reading.
- Humble and loving.
- Doctrines of grace / reformed theology / Biblical soundness, Scripture.
- Worship Music (Ascend the Hill, Christian metal/hardcore, IHOP, Jesus Culture, Phil Wickham, Jenny and Tyler, etc).
- Cute babies.
- Landscape, beautiful scenery, photographs that show God’s beautiful creation, different places around the world.
- Quotes from Francis Chan, David Platt, Paul Washer, John Piper, Charles Spurgeon, Matt Chandler, etc.
- I see God gets glory.
Blogs I follow do not have:
- Nudity, profanity, sensuous couple pictures, anything that is not pleasing to God or holy.
- Harry Potter, Twilight, or whatever latest fan craze is out.
- Celebrity pictures.
- Lots of material stuff (food, clothes, makeup, etc).
- Only pictures of cliche Christian sayings over a photograph.
I also follow a good number of people just because I know them in real life, and a few other blogs because they are special interest (Kosovo/Islam related).
You can send me a private message if you want and I’ll check out your blog, I usually browse through about 5 pages or glance at the archive. I try to check out the blogs that follow me when I can.
God bless you too :)